Sunday, November 11, 2012

Carter Kaplan's Anthology Published: Emanations: Second Sight

Emanations: Second Sight

The anthology Emanations: Second Sight, edited by the poet and novelist Carter Kaplan, is now in print and available through Amazon! Despite reaching about 400 pages, the price is only about 13 dollars!

Unfortunately, there's no "Look/Search Inside the Book" -- not yet anyway -- so the stories, poems, and essays can't be previewed before ordering . . . though that may change after I check with Carter.

I haven't seen the hard copy yet, but when I receive one, I'll perhaps say more. For the moment, I can affirm that it has the short story version of my novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer, with three illustrations by Terrance Lindall, just in case any reader is interested.

Dario Rivarossa -- a regular commentator here -- has contributed many illustrations to the anthology, including his reinterpretation of Paradise Lost. See his announcements, here and here.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

AAAARRRRRGGGGGH! "Rivarrosa"!!! and being called so by the one whose name is so often misspelled!

But seriously, I also can't wait to receive and read it.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Apologies. And the odd part is that I checked at your blog to make sure!

My sole excuse is that I've had a minor infection in my left eye, and the salve leaves my vision blurred . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

Hail holy light, ofspring of Heav'n first-born
. . . .

thee I revisit safe,
And feel thy sovran vital Lamp; but thou
Revisit'st not these eyes, that rowle in vain
To find thy piercing ray, and find no dawn;
So thick a drop serene hath quencht thir Orbs,
Or dim suffusion veild.
. . . .

So much the rather thou Celestial light
Shine inward, and the mind through all her powers
Irradiate, there plant eyes, all mist from thence
Purge and disperse, that I may see and tell
Of things invisible to mortal sight.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Dario (and Milton), but my condition's not that bad . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

hope your skills are (like that), though
;-)

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Assuredly . . . not!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home