Monday, February 13, 2012

Time for En-Uk the Artisan, Flowering of Sa-Rah the Artist

My two children were both feeling creative recently and so put their mindful hands to work impressing upon material things the forms seen with inner eyes. Let's take time for En-Uk first:


En-Uk's obsessions are soccer and art, and I suppose he felt the time had come to bring the two together. The player in blue is a Korean goalkeeper whose name I've forgotten (though I might have misunderstood, for my wife says the goalkeeper played for Manchester United and was not Korean), but the lower figure is too famous to forget: Lionel Messi! Given the dimensions of this field relative to the players' sizes, I'd judge this to be one-on-one soccer!

But enough time on En-Uk's artisanry. Let's now turn to other things temporal:


Time is money! But no, Sa-Rah didn't fashion this. Rather, she changed this medium of exchange into something more valuable than sweet chocolate bound with golden foil, a flowering of her imagination:


As one might also imagine, this gilded lily -- a rose, actually -- necessitated the consumption of several chocolates, a duty that fell to me, a difficult duty indeed, and one for which I had little stomach, but on guts alone, I kept to the task.

Here's the rose from a different angle with less lighting . . . and thus less life:


This one will bloom into better life if you click the image (and a second time for larger than life). In fact, each of these four images can be better appreciated by clicking.

Artisans or artists, children spring pleasing things upon us at times . . .

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

A family of many talents.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Especially my own talent for consuming chocolate . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

Congratulate your children!

And, so sorry for not having been able to help you in the chocolate issue...

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I wouldn't want to impose that sad duty on any other poor wight . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

you are a true Christian soul, Jeffery. this will surely be remembered by Who Matters, On That Day.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

That One, Who has taken on all our burdens, may freely partake of some of my chocolate . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

now it's too choco late...

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Ah, but you joke-a-lot . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

Yeah, but I went too far, and I nearly choked of late.

And if I die, my high hope is that... oh when the Saints go munchin' in!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

If you were to choke and croak, I believe I would likewise choke and croak on my shock a lot!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous LH said...

Those are wonderful! Very, very talented children!

LH

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thank you, LH.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home