Brainstorming about history, politics, literature, religion, and other topics from a 'gypsy' scholar on a wagon hitched to a star.
Sunday, December 25, 2011
- Name: Horace Jeffery Hodges
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
During working hours, I can be found at Ewha Womans University, where I hold an academic position identified as "Professor" according to the title on my office door. At Ewha, I teach essay composition, research writing, and cultural issues, including the occasional graduate seminar on Gnosticism and Johannine theology and the occasional undergraduate course on European history. My doctorate is in history (U.C. Berkeley), with emphasis on religion and science, and my thesis is on John's gospel and Gnostic texts. I'm originally from the Arkansas Ozarks, but my academic career has taken me through stints in Texas, California, Switzerland, Germany, Australia, and Israel and has landed me in Seoul, South Korea. I've also traveled to Mexico, visited much of Europe, including Moscow, and touched down briefly in a few East Asian countries. Hence: "Gypsy Scholar."
- Francis Beckwith on Hitchens
- Roger Cohen on Christopher Hitchens
- Sheikh Nader Tamimi: Let the Sheikh speak . . .
- Christmas Presence . . .
- Kim Jong-il: Revolutionary Art of Death
- "Korean is the world's most superior language"
- Terrance Lindall's Lost Bifolia . . .
- Christopher Hitchens: Requiescat In Pace
- Korean Unification Gang . . .
- Sheikh Ahmad Abu Quddum: "There is indeed a clash ...