Sunday, October 03, 2010

Humor Break: A Day to Live in 'Famy' . . .

Terrance Lindall Reciting Paradise Lost
Satanic Liftoff into the Abyss?
(Cf. PL 2.917f)
Robert Fulton Mansion
Hudson New York, 2002
Copyright Yuko Nii Foundation

To live in 'famy' is to enjoy something like fame. Perhaps I've not succeeded in attaining my goals in life . . . whatever they were . . . but my name shall live forever!

How can I be so sure?

Because Terrance Lindall, contemporary artist of the surreal absurd and illustrator of John Milton's Paradise Lost, has quoted me by name in certain words of mine uttered concerning his Milton illustrations:
"Terrance...Your Milton series will live forever . . . well, at least as long as Paradise Lost does. That's pretty long . . ." - Professor Horace Jeffery Hodges
And since Terrance Lindall's "series will live . . . as long as Paradise Lost does," then so will my words in recognition of this truth!

It's nice to live in 'famy' . . . if it would only pay the bills.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith Jeff, faith. I keep telling you, Cran's got you topping the list in the will.

(Or at least if and until I can convince the ol' buzzard that I'm his long lost whatever it takes to upstage you. Which looks exceedingly difficult now that you've achieved famy).

JK

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, I'd certainly need a lot of faith to wait for an inheritance from Uncle Cran. Haven't I already been disinherited for my humorous ways?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JK:

How could I put you in my will?

All I have is your initials.
No country of origin, no full name, no street address, no phone number, and no family history to connect you to me.
(Not to say that I really want any of that).
So you will have to join nephew Jeffery in a continual state of uncertainty.
Besides, after medical, nursing home, and burial expenses, there won't be enough to worry about, anyway.

Cran

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I see. That means that I'll be footing the bills for all those things. Well, include me out!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home