Monday, August 16, 2010

Ozark Images: More from Eddy and Jeanie's Farm

We looked yesterday through farm photos taken by my wife, but Jeanie Oliver has sent several images from the same evening at her place, so let's take a second look . . . though in reverse order to make it seem less repetitive.

Atually, this first shot was from the evening after the farm visit. Jeanie's father, Mr. Scott, had taken the kids to the rodeo along with his wife and Jeanie herself, who tells us:
[This is of] the kids at the rodeo with us. We had the best time singing the songs as they came across the loud-speaker. Sa-Rah and I are big Lady Gaga and Beyonce fans! I was singing and doing chair dance moves, and Sa-Rah asked me if I was sure that I was a teacher. I don't think that her teachers have my fascinating arm and hip movements!!!!
No comment. Forward to the past. Here's Big Eddy tipping his cap to someone outside the picture.


As you'll recall, Big Eddy was teaching Sa-Rah and En-Uk how to drive that all-terrain vehicle (ATV), as can be even better seen below.


But prior to that teachable moment, we find En-Uk and Sa-Rah dancing with basketballs.


My beautiful wife was looking on from under a weeping willow tree.


Below are Sa-Rah shooting and En-Uk dribbling so high that he'd surely be called for 'carrying' the ball.


En-Uk, in some pre-game relaxation with a cat.


Jeanie posing with her mother, Mrs. Scott, just before the guests storm in.


The calm before the storm.


And that's the beginning of the line. You'll notice that I'm not there, as Jeanie herself notes:
I am so sorry that I did not think to get some of you and dad together. As a matter of fact, I have no proof that you were even here!! You might have just been a figment of my imagination.
No, I'm no figment . . . though no one gives a fig meant for me, I reckon. Speaking of Jeanie's father . . .


Jeanie was being an 'artiste' for this black-and-blue one. Jim looks like he could have been struck by his wife in some altercation, but the 'black' eye simply shows the result of minor surgery to keep the eyelashes from becoming more ingrown.

Which is probably more than you wanted to know . . .

Anyway, a big thanks to Jeanie for the lovely evening with family and friends, as seen through these well-taken photographs!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what a stickler you are should anyone mis-spell "Jeffery" as our common e-pal Malcolm has often been reminded.

And so, in order to save your bacon, should you run into a someone in Salem's grocery store - you might check out the proper spelling of our host's name. The 'he' not the 'she' I'd supply it myself but I figure it's more fun this way.

HD

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, HD, I'll never figure this out without more help.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...it is evident that the comely Jeanie has inherited her beauty from Mrs. Scott who I fondly remember from my days toiling at Fulton County Hospital. No disrespect to Mr. Scott who I also recall from 7th grade band and who is no doubt as handsome as he is intelligent.
Pat

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, I sincerely believe that anyone who comments on this blog is both good looking and intelligent . . . with the exception of the blog host, of course.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would seem that "six feet five inches tall" which you remembered so well from High School basketball was enough to spur you into action.

I recall a time when my good friend Pat commented (a long time ago) there was another such problem with the spelling of a name. Too bad I wasn't (and still ain't) the same height.

Was it as much fun learning it as I'd hoped it would be?

HD

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

HD, I checked an earlier blog entry and discovered the correction to my error.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doggone it.

HD

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, being a genteel, sweet southern lady, was going to let the spelling of my spouse's name just ride. Besides, you didn't mess up my name!!
Also, mom and I may move Pat up the ladder to our favorite Hodges boy after his insightful comments on our looks!
Jeanie

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Sorry to disappoint, HD.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Jeanie, I guess that you'll be inviting my older brother next time . . . rather than me.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home