Monday, December 04, 2006

A brief interlude...

Entrance to Singing Room
Life is gonna get better?
(Image from Wikipedia)

My little seven-year-old son En-Uk rushes into the bathroom while I'm brushing my teeth, announces "I have to pee!", begins his business while singing a Korean song containing an English line, and belts out that line so enthusiastically--
"LIFE IS GONNA GET BETTER!!!"
--that he manages to mark the toliet seat, toliet brush, wastebasket, nearby floor, and most of that corner of the bathroom along with my bare feet as his own private territorial range.

Life for poor En-Uk got suddenly rather worse...

5 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, so are you saying he can't sing and aim at the same time? I bet there are some men that have this same problem, the difference being someone else gets to clean it up! HAHA

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Cynthia, I certainly hope that my son wasn't aiming at what he hit.

But I don't think that he was aiming to please.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

My 7-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter looked at this blog entry and informed me that I misheard the English line, which is actually:

"Life couldn't get better!"

Okay, kids, thanks for the correction. Now, go to your rooms as punishment for accusing Daddy of being wrong!

Sheesh ... kids these days.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read this again. It's so funny and your little son is sooo cute ^^

I am going to correct my essay now.
Hope Life COULD get better heeheehee

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, 승주 (Seung Joo), for the pleasant note, which I'll pass on to En-Uk -- though he's a bit young for you.

Good luck on your rewrite.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home