Saturday, June 18, 2005

Poetry Break: Vampire

Batman Begins is now showing, maybe even here in Korea. I haven't yet seen it, but I've just watched a trailer for the film, and it looks good.

The critical reviews and popular response are agreed: It's the one.

So in honor of that Dark Knight with ice in his veins, here's an old poem of mine:

Vampire

Fine frost that laces window panes,
the icy-blooded vampire’s veins;
seductive, sensual spoor of death,
its frozen, freezing undead breath;
one cold, controlled, alluring art,
its solitary lover’s heart.

Horace Jeffery Hodges
Copyright 1992

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

I like the poem!

I think "Batman Begins" hits Korea on June 24th.


Kevin

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Kevin, for the encouragement.

And I'll set aside the 24th for the film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home