Sunday, May 01, 2005

I Can Fly!

But only briefly.

If -- as Douglas Adams assures us -- flying is simply a matter of throwing yourself at the ground . . . and missing, then my aim is too true.

Last night, as I was carrying my five-year-old son down the subway steps at the Korea University Station, my feet got tangled up, and I was pitched headlong down. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to clutch my son closer and allow my right arm to take the force of my, uh . . . flight, when we landed.

As my wife and daughter came running, I told them, "Look at En-Uk! See if he's okay!"

I worried that he might have gotten a concussion, but he seemed not to have hit his head very hard. I, however, felt so much pain in my right arm that I feared it had been broken. Apparently not, but this morning, I can't move it without pain, so I'm typing this post lefthanded.

Blogging -- as they say -- will be light.

5 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Egads, man-- get that treated and get well soon!


Kevin

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Kevin. In fact, I've just returned from the hospital with my right wing clipped. I have a sprained wrist, it seems, but no break -- not even a hairline fracture. They gave me a cast anyway and dressed me up with a sling. My kids are really impressed, and I bet that my students will be, too.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, Bill, I've always been lame-brained and an emotional cripple, but those disabilities never stopped me from posting.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the spirit, Jeff! And, be careful out there, will you? Glad to hear it was nothing serious.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Nomad. I think that I've learned my lesson. Of course, I've thunk that before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home