Saturday, June 18, 2022

It knocked some sense into this hee-yar boy's haid!

About a week ago, I fell out of bed. I don't know I did it, but the feat must have been a magnificent acrobatic one, for I met the floor in a full frontal position -- as though I'd been dropped from heaven face-first into the arms a lovely lass, except that I'd hit the floor instead. My wife jumped out of bed in alarm. I groaned, "That really hurt." I had a bump on  my head and something like a scratch on the bump and stuff that felt like blood on the scratch, and something like a crust forming on the blood. Kind of like that old song that starts out with a hole in the bottom of the sea. From there, it's to infinity, and beyond!

And oddly enough, for about week from that accident, my Parkinson's symptoms were gone!

I called it "my little miracle."

But it went away.

"Thanks a lot, God. The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. Indian-giver be the name of the Lord."

6 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Yikes! I'm sorry to read that this happened, although I imagine it must have felt nice to be symptom-free for a brief while. Please try not to experiment with more head-bonking in the future.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I won't try it again on myself. But I see plenty of other old men in the Parkinson's prison of their bodies taking their daily constitutional, men who would serve well in the war against Parkinson's, their most important qualification for service being that they are not me.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger carla said...

I can see that bonk on your head has not robbed you of your wit, dear friend, and for that I am thankful :-). Perhaps a big fluffy carpet under the bed might help?!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

There is a story about Mamas Cass getting bumped on her head, and afterwards she could sing in key.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I like Carla's idea of a big fluffy carpet by the bed--yes, it could help. As a matter of fact, I think I had my mother and father put pillows beside my bed when I was a kid.

In the meantime, I give you a mention in my blog today:


Not quite a fluffy pillow, but it's nice.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, all of you.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home