Monday, February 14, 2022

Romantic Meal

On this Valentine's Day, February 14, 2022, I surprised my wife with toast-hearts in bed. I had attempted to cut some toast-bread into hearts, then toast the hearts till they were crisp and fresh. The heart shapes, however, were not consistently in the shape of hearts. Perhaps they could be considered misshapen hearts, hearts battered about by the slings of outrageous fortune. Be that as it may, my wife scarcely recognized the heart shapes and didn't cotton on to why she was receiving them till I reminded her of the meaning behind today's most secular of Christian holidays. She then laughed, broke off a large chamber of one of the hearts, and she did eat . . .

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I've given up on pictures, but I'll ask my wife if she could post any.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home