Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Willessness or Willlessness?

One of my mentors recently read what I'd written on my difficulty in typing, due to the Parkinson's that's slowing me down. That blog post was only about a week ago [July 11, actually], so you can go looking for it if you so desire. Anyway, my mentor quoted some phrase of mine that he found particularly apt and that should not be lost to our times, so here is what he said:

Your description of your typing problem would make the basis of a good poem: "the unbearable weight of willessness" is a phrase that should not be lost. I suspect that it describes the unwonted experience of many people during the covid plague.

Good idea. Maybe I'll try tomorrow, if I can find the time. (Actually, I used three "ells" in spelling "willlessness," though he is likely right that two "ells" are better than three, but what the 'ell.)

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

What if you went more archaic and used a hyphen to clear things up?

"will-lessness" or maybe
"will-less-ness"

Or would that be more confusing? Maybe "willlessness" is truly best.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Maybe "willlessness" is truly best. - And thus is the poem almost begun.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home