Sunday, October 25, 2020

P.S. Eliot: Said Lust for War

I've recently discovered the unreal P.S. Eliot, who I first thought was a neurasthenic sort, like his real brother T.S., but when I read this ambitious poem by P.S., I began to sense that he is perhaps made of sterner stuff than either his brother, T.S., or his brother's friends, Ezra and the unreal Extra Pound, so read and decide:

P.S. Eliot: Said Lust for War

Why should my brother T.S. garner praise
for the Wasteland of his writing that lays
into the Westland sharper than unknown
legislators, who sharpen quills, atone
for the sins of Europa's sons, with thrills
of medieval mystery plays, whose chills
run down the spinelessness they so bristle
like quills more mighty than misled missile,
said lust for war, that is the dead'ning lust:
Show me that famed fear, that handful of dust.

This P.S. Eliot has surprised me, assuming that I've read him aright. What do you think? Does he have something important to say? He seems to criticize both left and right as weakening the West.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

P.S. is on to something...

(or is he rather on something?)

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'll look into this.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home