Saturday, June 01, 2019

Or is it my Doppelgaenger . . .

On Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 6:28 PM, Academia-dot-edu wrote me an email:
"Dear Horace Jeffery, The name 'Horace Jeffery Hodges' is mentioned in a paper published in Nature Reviews Microbiology."
But Academia-dot-edu, which offers more information in return for money, leaves me cold, so I replied:
"I find that 'mention' hard to believe."
I suppose that they, on second thought, might also have found that hard to believe. But as I sit here and think more deeply about this supposed mention, I begin to consider the point more carefully, and I wonder if this might be some connection to my old history-of-science days.

Or is it actually my doppelgaenger? The appearance of one's double is said to be bad luck, very bad luck, namely, death. Mine. Or my double's.

Oh, in case anyone's interested, I'll be returning to our over-educated beagle tomorrow . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Have you met with any progress solving this riddle?

Or is it a metaphysical conundrum!?

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

No, none. I've met a physical conundrum that I can't sound out.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home