Thursday, June 06, 2019

A Good Opening Line

You can read here below the opening line of Johnny Pye and the Fool Killer, from the 1939 collection of Tales before Midnight, by Stephen Vincent Benét:
"You don't hear so much about the Fool-Killer these days, but when Johnny Pye was a boy there was a good deal of talk about him."
We don't hear much about the fool killer these days? I doubt anyone ever heard much about him. But I took time enough to read the story yesterday, so I now know all about the fellow.

Read here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I don't think the concept of the fool killer is acceptable these days. How might you compose the trigger warning?

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

TRIGGER WARNING: DON'T LOOK AT THESE WORDS! Even this warning can be fatal.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Thanks,. I am averting my eyes even as I typo thiss,.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Too late.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home