Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Bite as Bad as Its Bark

Know Your Spices!
(A Knuckle Sandwich)

I've been taking a daily walk to get my cardiovascular system running better. That appears to be working, especially since my walk is up to the top of Mt. Bonghwa and down again.

But one ought to take precautions. Let others know your whereabouts. You cannot, of course, really get lost on a big hill. If in doubt, go up.

One more thing. Always carry pepper spray. The women with their little toy dogs are out and about, and they can be dangerous!

The dogs, I mean.

The day before yesterday, on Mt. Bonghwa, a little lapdog about half the size of a small chihuahua burst forth from under a bench where its kindly, elderly, female owner was seated, quickly achieved lift-off, and a split-second later landed on my right calf, where it attached itself by its sharp teeth to my lower right leg and hung there like a second appendage.

Briefly. Very briefly. But painfully.

Pepper spray would been a perfect revenge. That's why I told all of you up above: "Always carry pepper spray!"

I didn't follow my own advice, and I am now a sadder but wiser man . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ho, that's good. A sort of tiny-dog-barnacle for a brief time, eh. My thoroughly Arkansan brother Jay was confronted with such a dog once near his neighborhood, and resolved it by kicking the dog up in the air about five feet, whereupon it got up (fortunately) and most definitely never did that again, at least not to him!

Say, totally unrelated, are you aware that the Event Horizon Telescope project is doing a press release at 7 AM MDT USA (1 PM UTC, it appears--) tomorrow (...tomorrow my time--jeez this so complicated!), wherein they will provide radio telescope images of a black hole 'shadow' for the first time in history? That's the word on the street, at any rate. Quite incredible. Check it out! --Pete

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'd like to kick that little hound-dog like an American football right through the goal posts!

But the glory of that moment would be fleeting, indeed, as a pack of old women would then descend upon me in all their wrath.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home