Friday, February 20, 2015

A Suntory Story - With a Ray of Light!


One of the two former Yonsei students I went drinking with some weeks back, Raymond Rohne, is on vacation in Japan, where he photographed the putative 'beer glass of his dreams':
I am currently in Japan and have had a rocky internet connection . . . [for] the past few days . . . . I am going to send a picture of a Suntory beer glass I used yesterday. It reminded me of something Mr. Em would have probably said.
Readers can likely see the words clearly in the image above, but just in case not, here they are:

A GLASSFUL OF DROPS
EACH DROP IS TOMORROW'S DREAM
SIP YOUR DREAM BY DROPS

Ray is probably right that the sinister Mr. Em might have spoken such words, which are just ambiguous enough to get a drinker into trouble, for what is a drop but a fall, but Ray - forewarned by my novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer - was too alert to fall for the trick, so he guzzled the brew rather than sip it!

Good man, Ray!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Ray said...

The initial gulp was followed by many more. Which I suppose was all of my life dreams before me. Haha

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

You only now have access to the the internet?

I was wondering if the Islamic State had caught you, assuming they have their clutches on Japan . . .

Good to hear that you've assimilated your dreams, all of them!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home