Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Special Announcement: Registration Now Required

Due to the large number of spamful comments that I've been busy deleting today, I've switched over to the registration system.

Initially, I was tolerating the spam and trying to respond in a lighthearted and -- I hope -- humorous manner, but since I receive an email announcement each time that someone comments on one of my blog entries, too many spamful emails were beginning to pile up. I got tired of deleting comments -- once from my email box, another time from my blog entry -- so I decided to make the shift.

I realize that the registration system will inconvenience people who wish to comment, but I ask for your understanding.

Also, I apologize for this boring if informative blog entry.

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Hmmm . . . looks like I've failed to get rid of them. Mr. Ceiling Fan Bulbs has posted anyway.

Alistair mentioned that Blogger has spam-blocker capability. I haven't seen it, but he implied that he'd look into it and get back to me.

At least I won't be receiving any more of the anonymous ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home