Monday, February 28, 2005

Second Post: Still Testing (But Not Derrida)

My blog title, Gypsy Scholar, probably violates political correctness, but intellectual travel has taken me around the world. I grew up in Arkansas and have lived in Texas, California, Switzerland, Germany, Australia, Israel, and Korea. I've also visited Mexico, Belgium, France, England, Scotland, Italy, Austria, Czechoslovakia (before the split), East Germany (before the union), Denmark, Russia, Singapore, and Japan. Since my scholarly career has brought me through all of these places to the outskirts of Seoul, where I now live, the terms "Gypsy" and "Scholar" both fit. Thus: "Gypsy Scholar."

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Hmmm ... well, "devastated," I'm afraid that I'm not especially clever. I did check on your blog, but I couldn't think of any clever comments. Sorry.

Jeffery Hodges

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Deedee said...

I find your blog very interesting. "I am a gypsy at heart, and I like to travel around." person myself. Could it be possible that I ask you a couple of questions about your profession since I want to be a gypsy scholar myself?

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Certainly, you can ask questions. My 'profession' as Gypsy Scholar is hardly a major achievement, however, more an admission of failure to get tenure. But as a failure, I've succeeded wildly and can even offer advice.

What do you want to know? If you'd prefer email, you can find mine by Googling my name and the name of the author of Paradise Lost, which will lead you to a listserve with my email address.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home