Friday, May 07, 2021

Belated Commemoration: Anniversary of Napoleon's Passing

Brotherly Correspondence, May 5, 2021:

Horace Jeffery Hodges:

Dear Pat, Just writing to join you in commemoration of the anniversary of Napoleon's passing. Oh, also, happy birthday. Almost forgot. Love, Jeff

Pat Hodges:

Haha! Yes a notable day to remember for more than one reason. Thank you for the birthday wishes. And may the emperor Rest In Peace. Love, Pat

Horace Jeffery Hodges:

Yes, RIP. He gave us the Napoleonic Code, without which there would be no streetcar named "Desire"!

Pat Hodges:

Indeed. I’ll tip my glass of Stella Artois in his memory tomorrow.

Horace Jeffery Hodges:

Stellar thinking, Pat. And let no man blanch at that!

Pat Hodges:

Very good.! I under-Stanley you quite well.

Horace Jeffery Hodges:

Well, I've met my 'Mitch' and been out-punned.

Pat Hodges:

Well, Eu-Noze when it’s over.

Horace Jeffery Hodges:

Wordplay aside, you can now, at 65, retire from your labor and live on your meagre pension . . .

Pat Hodges:

Yes, well, I’ve been drawing my meager pension for 10 years now!

Horace Jeffery Hodges:

Ten years? Damn! Well, you always were a decade ahead of me . . .

Pat Hodges:

Haha!

2 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Well, well. A brother engages in textual Horaceplay with another brother.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Oh, no! It's contagious!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home