Tuesday, August 04, 2020

The Bottomless Bottle of Beer

Gina Fields, one of my friends from my Baylor years, a woman with whom I worked in Collins Cafeteria those many years ago - over forty years now! - has just finished reading my first novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer, and here is her brief but positive review:

Fun and thought-provoking . . . The lovely interweaving of classic fiction writers combined with Mr. Hodges' keen wit and imagination produced a story worth reading. This carefully crafted and entertaining novella can be read and appreciated on several levels. I highly recommend it.

You can go and take a look yourself, if interested (and even if not), but note that only the electronic version is available as yet. I hope to have a paperback edition ready soon.

I should note that lawyers in particular ought to take a special interest in this book, for a central issue concerns law. Perhaps the legal aspect appealed to Gina, for she herself is a lawyer. Maybe she'll add a comment here to let us know.

2 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Please let me/us know when the paperback version is ready. I'll be among the first in line. I have the e-version of your story, but not the dead-tree version.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Will do. I'll even blog on it.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home