Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Happy 14th: Yesterday, When I was Young(er)

The fourteenth was my birthday, so Sun-Ae and I took the afternoon off to head for the Itaewon area and celebrate, with my wife taking the photos since I'm no handyman . . .

Here I am eating BBQ and drinking a Slow IPA:


Both the meat and the drink were first class! After that meal, we headed uphill to a coffee shop near the Kenyan Embassy, if I'm not mistaken, and the view was marvelous:


Here, you see me ignoring the view, impatiently waiting for the buzzer to buzz and inform us that our coffees were ready. The coffee, when it came, was also good, well worth the wait. I drank an espresso, and Sun-Ae had an Americano.

Afterwards, we reluctantly made our way home because I had so much work to do for the next day's classes . . .

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Pat H said...

Happy-somewhat belated-birthday Jeff.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Same to you, Pat!

When are you going to vacation in Korea?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

A happy, slappy barfday to you! And many happy returns.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Every day is an old man's barfday.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Happy Birthday!

(Looks like a TON of food on that tray! Did you eat that your self, or share it with Sun-Ae?)

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I tossed a few bones her way.

Jeffery Hodges

@ @ @

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I'm still saving you a beer that we bought the last time you were in the Ozarks. I've actually put a label on it that says "Jeff's beer". Anyway, happy belated (very) birthday.

Tim

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

If it's hopped up enough, it might just stay drinkable for my next visit!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home