Saturday, December 24, 2016

Here we go again!


I promised I might (but is that a real promise) even post another extract from the recent review by the anonymous reviewer of Baek Minsuk's Sixteen Stories of Believe It or Not Knowledge, a collection of interconnected short stories that my wife and I have translated, so here's that extract from the review:
Overall, . . . the translation is quite fluent, fluid, and fun. The description of the "egg diet" suggested by Believe It or Not magazine . . . is an excellent example of how well the translator renders Minsuk's humor - reminiscent at once of Bolaño, Murakami, and Kafka - in engaging, thoroughly colloquial English.
Humor? Moi? I mean - me? Maybe he meant my wife? Was I in on the joke? Anyway, I now got some other names to look up. Lemme see . . . uhh, Bolaño? Who's he? And what's curly thing crawling over the "n" in his name?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...reminiscent at once of Bolaño, Murakami, and Kafka..."

Hoo? Er, wut? Shazam! I wunner if'n Mr. Corey cud pull ou' hiz book nearn'n 'n s'plain sum o'dat!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Try Wikipedia first . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home