Saturday, May 16, 2015

Teacher's Day Card!

Teacher's Day
Hoover Web Design

One of my students gave me a card for Teacher's Day - though not the card above (offered in lieu of mine, not found online) - and wrote:
Dear Professor Hodges,

Happy Teacher's Day!

It has been more than a year since I first met you in Academic English class. Time indeed flies. I can't believe that I'm a senior now . . . . Anyway! It is usually a carnation flower, not a clover [and the original card, as already noted, is not the one above, so no clover], but I wanted to thank you and wish you good luck, so I picked this [clover] card. But I put a flower here so you wouldn't feel bad about not having a flower.

Thank you for a good discussion class that gives us opportunities to actively think and discuss. I also wanted to thank you for kindly helping me whenever I went to ask for your help on Wednesdays - it always took longer than I expected, so I felt sorry but grateful at the same time.

I hope I have no grammatical errors here, but even if I do, I hope you don't mind. I also hope you have a great day today - and Happy Teacher's Day.

Sincerely,

[Student name redacted]
I always appreciate such cards since I'm not a recipient of dozens of such, and I like pretend that other students were also involved in selecting the cards that I do receive . . .

Thanks, student!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Very nice! I envy you. And a belated Happy Teacher's Day to you.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Kevin. My class even sang me the Happy Birthday song - I turned 58 the day before Teacher's Day.

Or is that "Teachers' Day"? Or "Teachers Day," as in the image?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Good Lord—and a belated Happy Birthday, too!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks. If I'd known I'd live this long, I'd've taken better care of myself!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous john ruskin said...

Well I concur with your student, Thank you for your site and comments

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Mr. Ruskin.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home