Friday, March 06, 2015

A Couple of Jokes . . .


I'm reading my brother Shannon's new novel, The Lonely Void, and enjoying the story, but I'm only up to page 199 out of 518 total pages, so I'm not yet ready to comment. I can, however, post a brief dialogue between the protagonist Bob Gifford, an atheist, and his friend Father Pallo, a Catholic priest. Pallo is Latino, and Bob is Irish-American. They tell a couple of jokes, Bob going first:
"You hear the one about the Irish couple who got engaged?"

"Not sure."

"Seems the bride-to-be was carrying guilt for not having been totally honest about her past. She confessed to her fiancé that she had been a prostitute. 'Well, the wedding's off!' he snapped. 'But . . . my family was hungry and I only walked the streets to keep food on the table!' she cried. Then, the light went on in her fiancé's mind. 'Oh, a lady of the evening. Well, that's different,' he reassured her. 'For a moment there I thought you said you were a protestant!'"

"Very funny. Oh, and did you hear the one about the atheist who died and went to heaven?"

"No."

"Neither did I!"
Just a taste of some of the humor . . .

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Shannon Hodges said...

Thanks for the promo! Hope you (and others will enjoy the book).

Shannon

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

The novel definitely has my interest.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home