Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Acting Crazy?

Emanations: Foray into Forever
Amazon

Various contributors to Emanations: Foray into Forever contributed further to literary eminence through a dialogue of crazed characters, i.e., ourselves, beginning with praise for Carter Kaplan as the mind behind the Emanations series, and I therefore post a particular sequence from a longer list:
Elkie Riches: Congratulations Carter, you made it through another anthology without regaining your sanity.

Terrance Lindall: RIGHT ON ELKIE! Peter Dizozza and I had a contest recently: "Who's Craziest?"

Elkie Riches: That surely is a contest worth viewing. Unfortunately our general election is not until next year.

Terrance Lindall: Well Carter! We are all up to it next year! "CRAZY EMANATIONS!" Even Bien if he is not in the mental ward along with Dizozza. Maybe a theme 4+4=5??????

Vitasta Raina Shrinagesh: (2.236) Squared.

Horace Jeffery Hodges: Crazy Math? Hah! Just follow my reasoning:

1/0 = infinity.
Hence:
1 = 0(infinity)
and:
2/0 = infinity.
Hence:
2 = 0(infinity)
Therefore:
1=2
QED

Who says I can't divide by zero or multiply by infinity? Mr. Euclid said parallel lines never meet, but they do meet -- at infinity! As Mr. Noneuclid has shown! He was called crazy, too, but look how important Noneuclidean geometry is now! And if infinity worked for Mr. Noneuclid, it can work for me. And as for zero, why it's nothing, and how can anyone object to nothing?

Jeffery Hodges

PS One implication of my approach is that 2 + 2 = 5 .

Vitasta Raina Shrinagesh: Limits :)

Horace Jeffery Hodges: A calculated reply . . .

Vitasta Raina Shrinagesh: Yes sir, it was :)

Horace Jeffery Hodges: Still . . . what I said would be true if it weren't so funny!

Vitasta Raina Shrinagesh: It is true. It's the basis of string theory I think.

Horace Jeffery Hodges: Oops, I just realized I've been talking to you alone -- and all that time I was playing for the audience!

Well, string theory is beyond my ken. I can't even make decent jokes about it!

Vitasta Raina Shrinagesh: Oh. And I thought you were talking to me :(

Horace Jeffery Hodges: Fate decided that I was! One cannot evade the fortunes of fate!

Vitasta Raina Shrinagesh: Indeed.
My mistake was when I neglected to click "Reply All" -- clicking "Reply" only in response to Vitasta's response "Limits :)"! But given that fate brought us to converse, I asked Vitasta about her writing . . . but that topic would not fit today's theme: "Acting Crazy!" So, I'll stop here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Vitasta Raina said...

Uff.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Uff? But that . . . that's crazy!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home