Thursday, July 03, 2014

A Love Most Rare


My older brother's wife, Ann "Smith" Hodges, passed away yesterday after many years' struggle with cancer. She was a fine, generous, courageous woman.

When I first took Sun-Ae to the States, in the autumn of 1993, we visited Pat and Ann in Kansas. The two of them really liked Sun-Ae, and Pat later wrote me a letter to say that Ann had remarked on how much Sun-Ae and I enjoyed each other's presence. He advised me to marry Sun-Ae because, he added, "a love like that is rare."

That's what Pat and Ann also had in their nearly 35 years together, mutual enjoyment of each other's presence and a love most rare.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sad to hear this Jeff. Even so, it is heartwarming to see a union like theirs last. Please pass my sincere condolences on to Pat.

Jay

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Jay. I'll do so.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

I'll echo what Jay said so well. Sincerest condolences. She sounds like a wonderful lady.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks Kevin.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Condolences to your family on their loss.

Sonagi

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Sonagi.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home