Friday, January 04, 2013

Dario's Behemoth!

Behemoth?
Dario Rivarossa

My artist friend Dario Rivarossa has his own personal image of the monstrous cat in my story, Behemoth (borrowed from Bulgakov), as you can see above -- and rather different from Terrance Lindall's more comic image, though the bug eyes and elephant seal trunk render a ridiculous aspect, whereas the wings lend an angelic element, but the claws a demonic character, all in all, a complex figure of this fallen angel originally from Bulgakov's tale The Master and Margarita, arriving here on my blog by way of my novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer, and Dario's talent.

Obviously also, to all appearances, a zombie. A tomcat zombie. In short, a tombie. Whatever that means . . .

Every artist would likely have a different image of the characters in my little fable, and that probable fact intrigues me. If I give a book reading next semester, as I hope to do, I'd like to present various interpretations in a number of images rendered by different artists.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Holà! C'est le Béhémoth-scaphandre!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Translated: "Heel! Sit Behemoth scoundrel!"

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

many thanks, Jeffery.
in fact, the critter is based on a pun: Behe - moth (man)

;-)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Be he moth man?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

Let it bee

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Words of whiz-dumb . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home