Thursday, January 03, 2013

Another Genius Kid by Pete and Leigh . . .

Si Senor! Paint! Pizazz! Pizza!
John Hale Art

Okay, okay, as if they weren't satisfied with all the envy generated by having produced two genius kids -- novelist Ben Hale and musician James Hale -- my old Ozark friend Pete Hale (physicist) and his wife Leigh (soon to be PhD, English literature) simply had to produce another genius, their third son, John Hale, who's into art:
Last-and-final kid John is an art maniac, as I believe you have some considerable experience with, too! He lives it and breathes it, so I cannot complain about him not having a "passion," that's for sure. (More like complaining about the incessant need for more canvases and pricey oil paint . . . heh.) I can't remember if I've sent you this link before or not, but you can see a lot of his stuff at this Facebook site.
By my "considerable experience with" art, I presume Pete is referring to the art blog of my son, En-Uk, but I wouldn't want to invite comparisons, for there's a universe of difference. Pete hadn't told me much about John's art interest, nor was I previously aware of the Facebook site mentioned above, but I've looked and seen that the art looks great. That image above -- a self-portrait? -- is representative, making John a very mature fifteen-year-old.

Take a look yourself . . .

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff, John thanks you for your generosity in your blog post. Eh, these kids, boy. Not exactly raising a bunch of tech geeks, are we; ah well. I think the world probably needs more art geeks than tech geeks, anyhow. He just posted a new and particularly disturbing picture, especially for the holiday season! People keep bringing up "Francis Bacon"...anyhow, thanks and I look forward to more great, far-ranging blog entries in 2013! Pete

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Generosity?! It's envy, Dammit -- I mean, it's envy, Pete.

(Gotta remember, your name's not "Dammit" . . .)

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home