Thursday, December 01, 2011

Massurealist Wine: Not Your Old "Backsliders Wine" . . .

No, not "Backsliders Wine," but wine for drinking to the greater glory of God! The images below were sent by the surrealist artist Terrance Lindall, who's possibly drinking this fine wine as he works on his illustrations to accompany Milton's Paradise Lost, which you see in the background.


Here's what Terrance had to say:

James Seehafer, one of the brilliant protagonists (πρωταγωνιστή) of a very 21st century art movement, sent me a holiday case of his Massurealist wine. I am not sure if he owns the vineyard. Probably does, a fashionable gentleman of the world that he is. The label shows his signature shopping cart.

The other side explains the thesis of massurealism. and bears his Osterreich massurrealist postage stamp.


The label is also signed by James in silver.


Altogether it is a beautiful production!

You might find it interesting to read about this new idea in the arts. You can go to Wikipedia here: Massurrealism. I wrote an article about it a few years back. on Massurrealism and the Death of Art. It is posted on another brilliant surrealist's web-site (that of Bienvenido Bones Banez Jr.).

You can also go to the massurrealist web-site: Massurrealism.
Conveying this email from Terrance is about all that I have time for today, for I'm trying to finish grading 26 research papers of 20 to 25 pages each!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

This wine definitely is - or rather, was - a "must."

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

But not 'musty' . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Terrance Lindall said...

Just got this email (below) from James Seehafer. We are going to try the wine at our WAH Center board meeting before Xmas! Terrance

From James S.:
Hey Terrance hi -
Glad you got the wine, and thank you for your kind words and photos. It's important that you guys try the wine - in the final analysis folks buy a bottle of wine for the wine not the label :) I have had many nice comments about the label though.

So let me know that it tastes good - I'm hoping the wine flavor was maintained in good condition in transport. I don’t own the vineyard but have the wine made to my specifics - working with enologists. To be sure I'm no expert but I know what I like in a wine.

This is still experimental so we will see how it goes. The main factor is costs because courier service knocks up the price per bottle - nobody becomes a millionaire selling wine. It’s just that wine has been a passion of mine aside from art.

Btw - one item about this batch of the bonarda 2010 - regarding the corking process - for small operations such as myself we outsource the services that cork and label the bottles. I use blank corks but the bottling service already had a few corks in their machine from some wine lodge that had their name on it, so they were accidently used for my wine. There were only a few bottles that had these particular corks. The remaining batch has blanks. I just thought I'd tell you In case you may be wondering.

Talk later,
James S.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Terrance, for the update. I had Googled to see if Mr. Seehafer owned a vineyard, but found nothing . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Nightingale26 said...

Do any of you know if James Seehafer is still in Argentina? Or where he is?

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I wouldn't know his whereabouts.

You might get in touch with Terrance Lindall - just Google his name and find an email on the WAH website.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Nightingale26 said...

Thank you for replying. I'll do that.

Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home