Friday, December 02, 2011

In the future . . .

Extrapolating Future History

Given my intense interest in history, I've sometimes worried that I don't pay sufficient attention to the future, so today's blog entry will be devoted to rectifying any deficiency on that score. Let's start with a prediction by noted futurologist David Byrne:
"In the future, everybody will think about love all the time."

Hmmm . . . I already do, so that future is now. Uh, wait, I'm confusing love with . . . oh, never mind. Let's get back to the future. Here's my prediction:
"In the future, dogs will be genetically engineered to speak."

So instead of barking at strangers, they'll just yell at them. That'll be weird . . . for a couple of days, after which it'll seem utterly normal.

Readers are welcome to add their own futurological predictions while I go off to finish grading those long research papers . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

In the future, there will only be futureteral problems.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the future...there will be no present.

-Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home