Friday, February 04, 2011

Based in Debased Busan . . .

Busan Montage
(Image from Wikipedia)

My family and I reached Busan yesterday afternoon after celebrating the Lunar New Year in Daegu with one of Sun-Ae's brothers and his family, as most regular readers are already aware.

We're currently staying in a hotel with a shamefully slow internet connection, so slow that an operation that ought to take two or three seconds takes five minutes or longer despite Korean pride in its position as the world's most internet-integrated nation.

Also, the keyboard is too low, banging against my knees, and happens to be fastened rigidly in place, forcing me to sit with a fixed orientation rather than turning the keyboard toward where I want to sit. And the lighting's poor, barely illuminating the keyboard. Damn, I hate this keyboard!

Clearly, this debased hotel room is constructed to test my moral resolve, but I guess I fail that test because I'll probably be keeping any blog posts that I happen to write brief and to the point.

Or is that a moral virtue?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Sounds like a good argument in favor of a laptop and a hotel with Wi-Fi capability.

Enjoy your stay, and avoid the sea monsters.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'm hoping to avoid the tsunami . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

"...forcing me to sit with a fixed orientation..."

Funny, you'd think there would be a better way to say it in English?

Forcing me to sit rigidly?

Forcing me to sit still with my head forward?

And, BTW, why is me italicized?

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Editing on this keyboard is difficult and thus discouraging. That's the problem with my "fixed orientation."

Why an italicized me? To express my moral outrage at the machine not conforming to my needs.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home