Monday, August 09, 2010

Our Family Flag?

Little Son is Watching You!

I've now arrived in the Ozarks and am under the watchful care of my family, which I express through the above image created by my son, En-Uk, who claims to have designed it as a flag, but if that's the case, then I reckon that it's the national flag of some future dystopia ruled over by En-Uk with panoptic discipline and punishment.

My family, however, rules over me with benevolence and rectitude, so the flag is ironically intended in its application here.

There's little to say yet, as I am feeling jetlagged and looking red-eyed, but I did want to log in and let readers know that I have safely arrived.

Not that anyone was overly concerned . . .

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prof. Hodges,

I have not seen you for a long time, but visiting your blog brought back some good memories. I hope you enjoy your stay there with your family. And hopefully when you are back in Korea I will stop by your office or meet you any how that works for you.

Hajir

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Hajir. Yonsei had wanted me to teach a class this summer on European integration, but that didn't work out.

My office is at Ewha, of course, so let me know when you'd like to meet sometime, and we can work out something.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

A trip to the Ozarks and a son's artwork together prompt a veiled reference to Michel Foucault!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

You got it!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Jeff said...

Safe travels!

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Jeff.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home