Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Spiritual Implications?

"In horror Jeff realised the old camp tales
of the invisible floating testicle were true!"
(Image and Caption Really from Neon Bubble)

I'm not entirely sure that this is a proper thing to post about, but in checking my site meter, I noticed the most unusual search string that I've ever yet seen:
"floating testicle and its spiritual implications"
Some person in Thailand, using "google.co.th," plugged in that string of terms and found -- of all things -- my blog.

I presume that "floating testicle" describes some sort of medical condition that I know nothing about and have certainly never blogged upon -- nor even if I had would I ever have imagined any spiritual significance associated with the condition -- yet the individual from Thailand spent "6 minutes 26 seconds" viewing 8 pages of my blog.

I suspect that the one doing the search was a male, possibly a poor member of the species suffering from the very condition described.

I hope that the symptoms aren't painful . . . though I can't help but notice that the unfortunate's location is 'Bangkok'.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger jeanie oliver said...

either you are through grading papers or the ordeal has put you over the edge!!
Jeanie

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Neither, for this is no fiction. I really did receive a 'vist' from some fellow in Bangkok looking for his floating testicle.

Don't fault the messenger.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to stretch for the spiritual application, Jeffery, and to use every bit of hermeneutical imagination left in me after seminary, but here goes:

In Matthew 14, the disciples are in a boat. Jesus walks to the disciples on the water. When they see Him coming, they think they've seen a ghost. Yet Peter says, "if it's really You, tell me to come to You on the water," which is not how sensible folks normally respond to ghosts.

Hearing this, one of the disciples says, "Peter, if you think you can float, you're a nut."

(Admittedly it's a paraphrase.)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Michael, I never realized that for diagnosing this rare medical condition, a seminary education could be so seminal.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home